Disputes are an unfortunate fact of business life. Approached and managed properly however, realistic objectives can be achieved or damage to business contained.
Our experienced partner-led team understand the modern dispute resolution landscape and guide clients through it. We act tenaciously and think strategically to protect our clients’ interests or enforce their rights. We work with clients to manage risk and achieve the most cost effective solution.
The team’s expertise
We handle a wide range of substantial and complex commercial disputes. We have particular expertise in dealing with:
- landlord & tenant disputes
- construction disputes
- technology disputes
- land disputes
- planning disputes
- negligence claims
- insurance disputes
- family shareholder disputes
- general commercial disputes
- banking disputes
- trust disputes
As part of any dispute resolution strategy, it is important to undertake an initial cost/benefit analysis. We work with clients to understand whether the potential costs and risks associated with their dispute outweigh the likely benefit of pursuing it.
We agree the scope of our work with clients and provide them with estimates for each key stage. Where appropriate we will agree fixed or capped fees; we also:
- work with third party funders to help fund legal costs
- work with ‘after the event’ insurers to insure against the cost of losing and being ordered to pay costs
- use contingency and conditional fee agreements to share risk with clients
For more information on our dispute resolution services, please contact: